The CLF’s Enriching program is comprised of activities and events offered to at-risk and homeless youth from agencies such as LA’s BEST, Para Los Ninos, Urban Compass, Doors of Hope, the LA Mission, Covenant House, Midnight Mission, Upward Bound, Alexandria House, and many others annually, including, of course-the children and families who comprise our Vita Network of families. This platform of hands-on and both recreational and emotionally uplifting series of year-long programs allows families and youth to experience life as we feel a person truly should- a life that is powerful-and full of hope, wonder, promise and possibility. To date, more than 24,000 families have been served through the CLF’s Enriching Platform of Programs.
Here are some of our Annual Enriching Platform Program series of activities:
- A tremendous Camp4All Program that has been incredibly well-established in the local community since 1993, and has served over 50,000 at-risk youth & families from shelters and agencies serving at-risk youth in Los Angeles through awesome day camps, overnight retreats, and surf camps in Malibu, CA.
- Project Angel Wings Holiday Events serving our program families and low-income LAUSD students. 50,000 have been served through this program alone since 1993.
- Family Camp overnight camp retreats to instill a sense of strength and confidence in women through our summer Camp4All Program
- Field Trips that are highly recreational, often innovative, and culturally based (We consider Disneyland, movie screenings with FOX Gives on the historic studio lot, and the rides at Pacific Park to occasionally fall under these descriptions!)
- Endless Pizza parties, movie nights, birthday celebrations, graduation parties MONTHLY and WEEKLY- for the children and families in our Vita Network and Care through College Program.